Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cotton On Christmas Casual Interview

I went to a Cotton On CC interview last Sat and yes, I've got a job there as a CC. However, I'm quite sure 95% who were there was hired. I'm writing this as a tip if anyone goes to one! :)

The interview was MASSIVE. We had 12 groups of 8-9 people so that makes it abt 100 people there. I don't think people were particularly dressy. I was so casual. I actually went to a dance class right before heading to the interview. I wore a long beige top, a maroon fishtail long sleeve top and black ripped jeans. We sat in our groups and had a short powerpoint presentation (abt blackout periods etc..) We had a total of 3 activities.

1. We had to introduce ourselves and say why we want to work in Cotton On.
2. We had to ask our partner abt them and try to sell them. I don't think anyone in the group actually tried "selling" their partner except for me. I said something stupid like "X is so talented and she can design and make a website for you, I would definitely buy her and bring her home today!" We had to ask our partner what's their favorite food, what 3 things he/she would bring to a deserted island and other interesting points.
3. We had to pick our an item we are wearing and sell it to the group.

We were then told to wait outside and they will call us back in 15mins to let us know if we got through. It was really stress free and honestly, the people they didn't hire were the people who were late. After that, we had to go fill out some forms and pick our induction dates. It went from 1pm to 3.30pm. SUCH a long interview. GAH! I had to literally dash out the doors and ran to the tram stop so I can get to work on time.

After that, I bought a subway but was very annoyed because I was hungry and had little time and the genlteman in front of me spent $70.35 on subway.

Will write one up for Sportsgirl CC next!

10 comments:

  1. Hiiii haha um, was urs in sydney? the interviews are like...open invite =/ (so says the email ...) should i still go?...its kinda VERY far for me... and do you get to choose where you want to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...and im guessing ur not sydney =( haha sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Sorry. I only saw your comment now. No, I'm not in Sydney! I'm in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much did you get paid? :) and how old were you?
    DO you have any tips on being successful at the interview?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the much needed love. I reply to comments back on your blog if you have one!